- The MRI works with strong magnetic fields and is absolutely painless.
- Please remove jewelry, piercings, watches, hairpins, glasses, wallets, bank cards and other magnetic objects before the examination.
- In any case, please refer to an existing pregnancy and discuss any contrast medium incompatibilities with the MR team.
- Let us know about any tattoos or permanent make-up you may have.
Who is not allowed in the MRI scanner?
- Carriers of pacemakers, biostimulators and defibrillators.
- Patients with metal splinters depending on the location.
- Carriers of inner ear implants and vascular clips of the old generation.
- Bearers of certain old-generation heart valves.
- Joint prostheses are usually not a problem.
Pregnant women should only be examined in urgent cases during the first three months of pregnancy. This is just a general precaution. No specific hazards are known or expected. There is no magnetic resonance restriction in the last two thirds of pregnancy.
Due to the patient-friendly, short design of our MR device, problems with claustrophobia only occur very rarely. If claustrophobia should occur, we can offer you homeopathic remedies, sedative drops and of course personal assistance in the examination room.